Thursday, January 22, 2009

I love the library!

This may seem painfully obvious to most of you, but do you realize how great the library is? Seriously! I'm in love with the library! Over the past several years, we've developed the devilish habit of buying books - lots of books. We love books. Funny thing is though, there are only a few cherished volumes that I refer to more than a handful of times. Most of the books sit idle on our shelves - good for decorating, perhaps, but not so much for learning. So anyway, I've recently re-taken to the idea of borrowing books instead of buying books.




And most library websites are so user-friendly these days. Just yesterday - in about 15 minutes - I was able to search for books via keyword, title, author, etc. I requested 5 books be put on hold for me (for some research I'm doing) & created a list of another 10 or so (casual reading & more research) that I'm interested in checking out, but can request for hold later. The library will send me an email when they've collected all of my requested titles and they'll be waiting at the checkout desk for me to pick up. Simple as that. Wow!


If it's been a while, go re-discover your library today. I don't think you'll be sorry.

No comments: