Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Time to tune out the noise

I hate to admit it, but I'm about talk radio'd out right now. I love listening to political banter, but it's not really banter anymore. It's shrieking from both sides - nobody's happy about anything. I heard this quote once and I can't find anyone to attribute it to, so if you recognize it, let me know if you know who said it. Anyway, it says "people who go out of their way to get their feelings hurt, rarely waste the trip." Doesn't that describe so well the many people shouting from the rooftops these days about this (probably perceived) injustice or that slight? So, I'm taking a break. No more news. No more talk radio. For a while anyway. If something really bad happens, I'm sure I'll find out about it if I need to know. If not, then I won't be bombarded with the negativity filling the airwaves. And that will make for a happier me. Here's to that.

No comments: