Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fusilli w/ Sausage & Greens

Much to daddy's chagrin, when I find or make up a new recipe that I really like, I tend to make it over & over again for a while. My newest favorite is a concoction of sausage, wilted greens, garlic, red pepper flakes, white wine, butter & a touch of cream over noodles (fusilli is my new favorite shape). Delish! The first time I tried this, I made it with many of the leftovers from the fabulous Mother's Day brunch daddy made for me: sausage, spinach, mushrooms, & champagne (there are only so many mimosas two people can drink at 10am and still care for a kid!). Anyway, I thought I'd try to use it up instead of just throwing it away. Turned out great!

Fusilli w/ Sausage & Greens

Saute 1/2 lb. of bulk sausage in a little olive oil & butter.
Add 1 clove of garlic and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes, salt & pepper.
Add 2-3 cups of fresh greens - spinach, kale, etc. - whatever you like best.
Add 1 c. of white wine & a splash of cream, reduce heat to medium low & let simmer to reduce for 5-10 minutes.

Toss with hot pasta & a little extra pasta water if needed to help the sauce coat the noodles. Top w/ parmesan cheese & a little extra fresh ground black pepper.

No comments: