Friday, December 5, 2008

Managing Picture Clutter

I'm sure there are many professional organizers out there who bristle at the idea of a fridge full of magnets & pictures. I'm not one of them. I love seeing pictures of friends & family smiling back at me as I reach for my coffee cream in the morning or grab dinner out of the freezer. That being said, the sheer volume & clutter can become overwhelming sometimes, so it's good to have a plan to deal with it. Every December as Christmas card season rolls around, I pull all (ok, most) of last year's pics off the fridge, clip them together and date.



I store the picture packets in the same box in which I display incoming Christmas cards. It looks great sitting under the tree & is large enough to hold pictures from seasons past for years to come. It's fun to leaf through the old packets each year when I get the decorations out. New pictures go on the door where they'll stay for most of the year!



No comments: