Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm so excited!

We're having our first professional pictures of Charlie done today. Our friend, Neysa Ruhl, is coming today to work her magic on some pics of our family. I met her about a year ago at a photo shoot for Cincy Chic & was immediately struck by her enthusiasm for photography. Later, I had the pleasure of working with her organizing her very busy home office. I can't wait to see the results!




On another note, I laughed out loud when I looked at my calendar this morning. It says "Charlie's blanket done today." Sadly, this is not the case. Not even close. I started this "Hearts & Stars" blanket way back in the spring and worked on it here and there. It's a beautiful pattern written by Zoe Mellor. After Charlie arrived, I wanted to give it to him for his first Christmas. Always of the mindset that it's easiest to eat an elephant one bite at a time, I did a little math to see what I was up against. The blanket totals 332 rows, of which I had 78 done at the time. This left 254 rows to complete, meaning it could be knocked out in 84 more days working 3 rows per day. Ugh. Undaunted, I boldly wrote the goal end date on the calendar to keep me motivated. Well, the 84 days have come and gone and I've only managed to add another 30 rows or so to the blanket. Looks like Charlie will be getting the blanket for his first birthday instead of Christmas!

No comments: