Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Drop In Daycare - A Real Lifesaver!

I've recently begun using Skidaddles, a local drop in daycare service, as a backup plan for our little guy. Both of my professions - realtor & professional organizer - often call for appointments outside of the traditional nine to five. Hubby is fantastic about helping me out, but our work & travel obligations don't always align just so. It's such a relief to have this in my back pocket now. My ace in the hole, if you will.

It's located in Florence - next to Miyoshi for all you locals. The hours are great - open til 9pm Monday through Thursday and til midnight on Fridays & Saturdays, so it's perfect for a last-minute date night too! Before, last minute calls & client requests could induce panic...who can I call? Am I imposing? Now, I can be just about anywhere with little more than an hour's notice. The staff has been great & Charlie seems genuinely happy each time I've picked him up. It's added calm & balance to our schedules which is really what it's all about. Now I can focus on my family and focus on my clients' needs too without having to worry that I'm shortchanging one for the other. Bliss.

No comments: