Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chutney Chicken Salad & Dressing

We've had a jar of Stonewall Kitchen's Old Farmhouse Chutney in the fridge for a while now. I'm not sure exactly where it came from. I think from a very thoughtful gift basket a friend sent over the holidays. Anyway, I was mixing up a batch of chicken salad the other day & looking for a way to jazz it up a bit. I tossed in a few tablespoons of the chutney & it was delicious! We liked it so much a whipped up a second batch just a few days later. For the chicken salad, I usually just cut up a rotisserie chicken & toss it w/ grapes, celery, a little mayo mixed w/ plain yogurt, a squeeze of dijon mustard, lemon juice, parsley, salt & pepper.

After the second batch of chicken salad, I had a tad of the chutney left in the jar. Instead of just rinsing it down the sink & tossing the jar in the recycle bin, I poured some balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon, salt & pepper into the jar, put the lid on and shook it up. Viola - a perfect cruet for a quick & delicious salad dressing!

No comments: