Wednesday, November 19, 2008

May You Find a Trail Marker Today

I thought I'd take a minute to describe the header picture at the top of my page. I took it one sunny afternoon this summer when my husband and I were hiking in a nearby state park. Those of you who know us might laugh at the idea of us "hiking", but we spent a lovely afternoon on an easy trail and didn't run into any of the local fauna, which made the experience all the better for both of us. Seriously, I think we'd both go hiking all the time if we could be guaranteed no run-ins with snakes, spiders, bees, bears, etc, etc, etc. Anyway, as we moseyed along, we were guided by red dots painted here and there to mark the trail and keep us on the right path. I love how this picture captures the tiniest bit of one such marker on the tree in the foreground and follows the fence posts to points unknown.
So be on the lookout for your own trail marker today. These are uncertain times for many of us, but I do believe that signs abound to guide us if we only pay attention.

No comments: